5:29 PM: Football Predictions.

It's a little known fact, even within my group of friends, that I have a passion for sports. Yes, I love music, and yes, I love writing, but there's nothing I enjoy more than a good college football or basketball game. I obsessively read up on Auburn and every other notable team in the southeast, and the elite teams in the rest the country. Unfortunately, I never have anyone to discuss sports with (most of my friends hate sports, and the few who don't are usually indifferent). I thought I'd use my blog as an outlet for all of this useless information, and write up my predictions for the notable college football games this weekend. Monday, I'll look back on my picks, and how right or wrong they were. This is probably going to become a weekly thing, so bear with me if you don't like football. It only lasts for 3 more months.

ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS at No. 4 AUBURN TIGERS

Arkansas is a dangerous team to play, especially for Auburn, who has been humiliated by the Razorbacks several times over the last five years. Auburn is playing the best football in the country right now though, and are too disciplined to let Arkansas sneak up on them.

AU 41
UA 27


No. 17 LOUISVILLE CARDINALS at No. 3 MIAMI HURRICANES

Louisville's #2 rated offense, and #3 rated defense versus Miami's overrated quarterback and underrated rushing attack.

The X-factor: This is in the Orange Bowl...on a Thursday night. Still, I think Louisville can pull off the upset, which would move Auburn up to #3 in both polls, and that much closer to a shot at the National Championship, assuming they win out.

Lousville 31
Miami 23



No. 19 ARIZONA STATE SUN DEVILS at No. 1 USC TROJANS


ASU has an NFL offense and a Pop-Warner defense. USC has home field advantage, and two Heisman candidates on offense. If USC wins this game, they put themselves in position to win out and play in the national championship.

USC 24
ASU 20


No. 2 OKLAHOMA SOONERS vs. KANSAS STATE WILDCATS

Kansas State has fallen pretty far this year. Look for them to fall even farther after OU, who lost to KSU last year in the Big 12 Championship game, gets done with them.

OU 56
KSU 10


No. 12 WISCONSIN BADGERS at No. 5 PURDUE BOILERMAKERS

Kyle Orton is doing a great job for the Boilermakers, but he really hasn't had to face a truly great defense yet. Enter Wisconsin, who's number #1 ranked defense is giving up less than 8 points a game. Orton's Heisman chances hinge on the outcome of this game. I expect Orton to buckle under the pressure, and throw interceptions 3-6 in a losing effort.

Wisconsin 10
Purdue 6


No. 6 VIRGINIA CAVALIERS at No. 7 FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES

Yet again, Florida State is extremely overrated at the midpoint of the season. Then again, so is Virginia. Hopefully, one of these teams will prove themselves worthy of a top 10 ranking tonight. My gut tells me Virginia, but this one could go either way.

Virginia 21
FSU 19



Well, there you have it, my predictions. Now time to watch Louisville kick some Hurricane butt.