7:15 PM: MP3s for everyone.

I just found a site that will host mp3s for an entire week for free. I will be using this site often in the future, but I thought I'd make a special post today, offering you the chance to download some of my current favorite songs for free.

Green Day-Jesus of Suburbia

No, that's not a typo. Green Day's 9 minute multi-movement epic is the highlight of their newest album, American Idiot, and it's also one of the best songs of the year. Yes, it's that good. Give it a few listens, and you'll understand. I don't expect Green Day to ever be this good again, so enjoy it while you can. As far as American Idiot goes, this is the only song worth downloading on the album, in my opinion. It's an above-average album, but Jesus of Sururbia is the only song that really stands out.

Idle Race-The Birthday

I actually downloaded this song on accident. I was looking for something else, and came across an album by some band named Idle Race, a psychedelic pop band from England. I did some research, and found out that this album came out in 1968, one year after the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Idle Race was influenced heavily by Sgt. Pepper's, and this song nearly captures the spirit of that record. Idle Race may not have been innovators of the psychedelic pop sound, but they nearly perfected it in this song.

Wilco-A Magazine Called Sunset

An unreleased track from the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot sessions. One of Wilco's most accessible songs.

Interpol-Obstacle 2

In light of the disappointing Antics, I'm providing you with a song from Interpol in their prime, back in 2002, when Turn on the Bright Lights was released. I picked Obstacle 2, because it's the song that has the most in common with Interpol's new material.

Explosions in the Sky-Magic Hours

Explosions in the Sky offers different, more modern variations on classical musical themes. Magic Hours' tension continues to build up and up throughout the song, only to be released in an unexpected, devastating last two minutes of indie metal fury.
WARNING: 9 minutes, instrumental, and indie rock. That's three strikes against the song for some people.